Family Leadership Retreat (FLR)
If you've ever thought:
- You've been through it all finding help for your child...
- No other family should go through what we've been through...
- You wanted to get involved and didn't know how...
The Family Leadership Retreat is for you!
The Family Leadership Retreat is:
A free, two-day training program for parents and caregivers of a child or adolescent with mental health and/or other behavioral health needs. This is a program that:
Prepares caregivers to be better advocates for their child and all children and youth who have mental health/behavioral challenges.
Prepares parents to be leaders in improving our system of care for children with mental health/behavioral challenges.
Calling parents and caregivers who both:
- Have a school-age child with mental health, and
- Live in the Harford, Cecil, or Baltimore County
Why should parents and caregivers take a leadership class?
Access to information, training, resources and skill building opportunities
Become a more effective leader in building a better system of care for children and youth
Meet and learn from dedicated leaders and professionals in the children’s mental/behavioral health field
Make connections and share information, stories and support with parents from Southern Maryland
The retreat provides a welcoming space for you to learn how to help your child by:
- Collaborating with your child's school
- Empowering you to promote the needs of your child, family and community
- Taking care of yourself