MCF is looking for a full-time Accounting Manager. This is a new position that will report to the Senior Director of Finance and Administration, and is based in MCF’s Central Office in Columbia, Maryland. This position will be responsible for the day-to-day financial operations of a $4.5 million agency and will supervise two full-time employees. The day-to-day financial operations include general accounting (manage general ledger and monthly closing process), financial reporting, budgeting, accounts payable, billing and accounts receivable, payroll, and grant-related reporting and compliance. The Accounting Manager will ensure that the organization has the systems, procedures and internal controls in place to support strong financial management and effective program implementation. The individual filling this position will have the opportunity for growth into a more senior role and should have the potential and desire to make this transition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field, CPA and/or MBA is a plus
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in nonprofit accounting and grants management required
- Integrity, credibility and commitment to the organization’s mission
- Detail oriented, deadline driven, and able to manage multiple tasks in a small, fast paced office environment
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and precise written and verbal communications skills
- Experience implementing sound financial policies and procedures
- Supervisory experience and ability to interact and support staff at all levels
- Experience working with auditors and managing audit process
- Relevant experience with compliance and reporting for government, corporate and foundation grants
- Proficiency with office and accounting software, especially QuickBooks and MS Excel
- Full-time 40 hours/week
- Salary commensurate with experience
Send resume with a cover letter describing your interest in this position and relevant experience to Hire@mdcoalition.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “Accounting Manager” in the subject line.
Note: As Maryland’s family support organization, MCF gives preference amongst equally qualified candidates to those who are primary caregivers of a youth, adolescent or young adult with behavioral health or substance use needs.
Please note that mailed or faxed resumes will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Who We Are
Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) helps families who have young people with behavioral health needs, including mental health and substance use challenges. Using personal experience as parents, caregivers and young people, we connect, support and empower Maryland’s families. MCF is also expanding its work to support family members and other loved ones of those with problem gambling.
Maryland Coalition of Families is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.