Family Leadership Coordinator
The Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is hiring a part-time Family Leadership Coordinator to oversee and coordinate work plans for MCF Family Leadership training activities. This position reports to the Senior Director for Programs. Hours will vary throughout the year depending on workload, and average 5 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate work-plans for the six-weekend Family Leadership Institute and two weekend-long Family Leadership Retreats
- Ensure that grant deliverables are met.
- Manage family leadership program spending throughout year.
- Facilitate post-event evaluation meetings and complete event summary form.
- Experience in project coordination.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals in a strengths-based way.
- Strong organizational skills, including multi-tasking and time-management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as proficiency with navigating the internet.
- Current Maryland driver’s license and access to own vehicle. Ability to travel throughout the state and within the region regularly.
- Successful completion of a background check is required for all MCF employees.
- 5 hours per week (average over the course of the year)
- Flexible work schedule
- Salary commensurate with experience. Salary range $15-19 per hour.
Send resume with a cover letter describing your interest in this position and any relevant experience caring for a child or youth with mental health and or behavioral health challenges to Hire@mdcoalition.org: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “Family Leadership Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please note that mailed or faxed resumes will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is a statewide nonprofit with a central office in Columbia, Md., and staff located in communities throughout the state. Using our personal experience caring for loved ones with behavioral health needs, we connect, support and empower Maryland’s families and advocate to improve systems that impact individuals with behavioral health challenges. In addition to supporting families of young people with mental health and substance use challenges, we are currently expanding our work to support loved ones of those with problem gambling.
Maryland Coalition of Families is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.