Regional Peer Support Supervisor
The Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is hiring a full-time Regional Peer Support Supervisor (hereafter referred to as Regional Supervisor) for Baltimore City. The Regional Supervisor is responsible for supervising and advancing the provision of family support services provided by Family Peer Support Specialists throughout Baltimore City, and oversees the training, supervision and development of Baltimore City Family Peer Support Specialists. The Regional Supervisor also seeks regional development opportunities for the organization, and will directly provide family peer support to a small caseload of families. This position reports to the Program Director - Family Peer Support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides programmatic supervision in collaboration with the Clinical Supervisor to Family Peer Support Specialists to include bi-weekly individual supervision, ongoing family and record reviews, and quarterly family and community observations.
- Promotes quality and consistency around practice standards while supporting local initiative and innovation within assigned region.
- Oversees completion of contract deliverables for assigned region and promotes an organizational culture that empowers staff members to achieve outcomes.
- Monitors grant deliverables through review of data and reports; coordinates development and implementation of corrective action plans as needed.
- Leads hiring, onboarding and orientation of new employees in partnership with Human Resources and the Family Peer Support Program Director.
- Leads annual and mid-year performance evaluations/reviews of direct report staff in partnership with the Clinical Director and Family Peer Support Program Director.
- Assists staff members and local partners/stakeholders in identifying resources for families and youth.
- Advises and supports staff in coordination of events/family training/social marketing.
- In conjunction with other MCF staff, builds and maintains relationship with local partners and stakeholders.
- Identifies regional opportunities to expand Family Peer Support services and works with partners and other MCF staff on program development.
- Assists with communication of real-life experience of families served to others in MCF to support program and policy development.
- Partners with other supervisors as well as the Director of Social Marketing and Outreach to create and distribute an all-staff quarterly newsletter that is inclusive of all upcoming events.
- Provides Family Peer Support to families as needed.
- Lived experience as a primary caregiver of a youth, adolescent or young adult who has mental health needs is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in a human services field, or; minimum three years of experience working with families caring for children with behavioral health challenges.
- Prior supervisory experience in the human services field is preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse staff in a strengths-based way.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team to achieve established outcomes.
- Can effectively utilize technology, and possesses working knowledge of standard computer applications including but not limited to: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as proficiency with navigating the internet.
- Mission-driven and flexible; able to anticipate issues and prioritize assignments.
- Current Maryland driver’s license and access to own vehicle. Ability to travel throughout the state and within the region regularly.
- Successful completion of a background check is required for all MCF employees.
- 40 hours per week
- Flexible work schedule.
- Salary commensurate with experience. Salary range $19 - 25 per hour.
Send resume with a cover letter describing your interest in this position and relevant experience caring for a child or youth with mental health and or behavioral health challenges to Hire@mdcoalition.org: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “Regional Supervisor” in the subject line.
Please note that mailed or faxed resumes will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is a statewide nonprofit with a central office in Columbia, Md., and staff located in communities throughout the state. Using our personal experience caring for loved ones with behavioral health needs, we connect, support and empower Maryland’s families and advocate to improve systems that impact individuals with behavioral health challenges. In addition to supporting families of young people with mental health and substance use challenges, we are currently expanding our work to support loved ones of those with problem gambling.
Maryland Coalition of Families is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.