Social Marketing Intern
The Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is looking for an energetic individual to serve as the Social Marketing Intern. This part-time internship is available from mid-January through April 2018, and provides comprehensive support in the planning and execution of the Children’s Mental Health Matters! Campaign. The Campaign brings together more than 500 nonprofits, schools, agencies and other partners with the goal to raise public awareness of the importance of children’s mental health. The Campaign also helps reduce the stigma of mental health, lets parents know that they are not alone in caring for children with mental health needs, and connects families throughout Maryland with information and services to help their child.
This is an excellent position for a highly organized, detail-oriented individual who is interested in gaining experience participating in many aspects of planning and implementing a statewide public awareness/social marketing campaign. The internship will be supervised by MCF’s Director of Social Marketing and Outreach, a highly experienced communications professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts research to identify potential Campaign partners in local communities.
- Outreaches to, and corresponds with, Campaign partners and potential partners to encourage participation in the 2018 Campaign.
- Collaborates with the Director of Social Marketing and Outreach to develop content for materials including the Campaign newsletter and social media.
- Assists in compilation and distribution of Campaign materials for use by community partners.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Completed coursework focusing on communication studies, business administration, marketing, community and school health, public health or journalism preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Interest in MCF’s mission and working with a nonprofit organization.
- Part-time/up to 10-15 hours per week. Hours are flexible with some work from home permitted.
- Salary range/stipend: $9.25/hour
Send resume with a cover letter describing your interest in this position and relevant experience to Hire@mdcoalition.org: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “Intern” in the subject line.
Note: As Maryland’s family support organization, MCF gives preference amongst equally qualified candidates to those who have experience as a consumer of mental health and/or substance use services.
Mailed or faxed resumes will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is a statewide nonprofit with a central office in Columbia, Md., and staff located in communities throughout the state. Using our personal experience caring for loved ones with behavioral health needs, we connect, support and empower Maryland’s families and advocate to improve systems that impact individuals with behavioral health challenges. In addition to supporting families of young people with mental health and substance use challenges, we are currently expanding our work to support loved ones of those with problem gambling.
Maryland Coalition of Families is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.