Training Coordinator- Family Peer Support
The Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is hiring a part-time Training Coordinator – Family Peer Support. This could be one 16-hour-per-week position or two 8-hour-per-week positions. This position is responsible for professional development planning and training for MCF’s family peer support staff, and reports to the Program Director-Family Peer Support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather and compile information from Family Peer Support staff, supervisors and managers to identify training needs.
- Coordinate development of annual training plan that includes in-service meetings, regional team trainings and other training opportunities.
- Actively manage and update annual training plan throughout the year.
- Identify external presenters, and schedule and coordinate training for Family Peer Support staff.
- Facilitate trainings to staff (including orientation for Family Peer Support staff and other new staff as designated, Family Peer Support in-service trainings, regional Family Peer Support trainings, and others as needed).
- As requested, provide one-on-one training to Family Peer Support staff on specific topics as directed.
- Develop and/or “package” brief curriculums for Family Peer Support staff to use to train families and train staff on presentation of each curriculum.
- Provide administrative support for training activities.
- Lived experience as a primary caregiver of a youth, adolescent or young adult with behavioral health needs.
- Experience providing Family Peer Support.
- Ability to work with diverse staff in a strengths-based way.
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Preference given to candidates with experience planning and delivering trainings.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, as well as proficiency with navigating the internet.
- Current Maryland driver’s license and access to own vehicle. Ability to travel throughout the state and within the region regularly.
- Successful completion of a background check is required for all MCF employees.
- 8-16 hours per week
- Flexible work schedule
- Salary commensurate with experience. Salary range $17-20 per hour.
Send resume with a cover letter describing your interest in this position and relevant experience caring for a child or youth with mental health and or behavioral health challenges to Hire@mdcoalition.org: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please include “Training Coordinator” in the subject line.
Please note that mailed or faxed resumes will not be considered. No phone calls please.
Who We Are
Founded in 1999, Maryland Coalition of Families (MCF) is a statewide nonprofit with a central office in Columbia, Md., and staff located in communities throughout the state. Using our personal experience caring for loved ones with behavioral health needs, we connect, support and empower Maryland’s families and advocate to improve systems that impact individuals with behavioral health challenges. In addition to supporting families of young people with mental health and substance use challenges, we are currently expanding our work to support loved ones of those with problem gambling.
Maryland Coalition of Families is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.