17th Annual Family Day in Annapolis
When: Tuesday, February 28, 8:45 am - 12:15 pm
Where: Miller Senate Office Building, Room West 1 & 2, 11 Bladen St, Annapolis, MD 21401
Bringing together legislators, families, youth, policymakers and providers
Join us on Tuesday, February 28 for Family Day in Annapolis to advocate for children and youth with behavioral health needs, including mental health and substance use challenges. Click to register.Who should attend:
- Parents and caregivers of children and young people with mental health, substance use and/or other behavioral health needs
- Children and Youth*
- Policy makers
- Anyone who cares about our kids!
- Learn about relevant legislation and committee work in Maryland's House and Senate.
- Meet with your legislators.
- Make your voice heard about the need for more funding and services for children's mental health and substance use treatment.
This is a free event.
Parking is available (details below). Shuttle buses will depart from various locations around the state (details below). Use the link below to register for Family Day or reserve a shuttle bus seat.
- 8:45 - 10:30 am: Breakfast and program in Miller West 1 & 2
- 10:30 am - 12:00 pm: Meet with Legislators in their offices
- 12:15 pm: Shuttle buses depart
Children and Youth
*Children and youth are welcome. Youth ages 12 and up are invited to take a tour of the historic rooms and chambers of the Maryland State House; children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by their caregiver at all times.
The State Shuttle (trolley) departs every 5-15 minutes from the parking lot at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium off Rowe Blvd.
- Parking in the lot is $5 per day.
- The trolley costs $2 per person one way ($4 round trip). Bring single bills; change is not available.
- If taking the trolley: ask the trolley driver to let you off at the Lawyer's Mall stop.
Shuttle Buses (free; advance registration required)
- Baltimore City Shuttle Bus will pick up at 7:00 am 2701 N. Charles Street and at 7:15 am at the Mondawmin Mall Target. Download the schedule to learn more. Reserve a seat.
- Eastern Shore Shuttle Bus will pick up at at 6:20 am at the Shore Birds Stadium Parking Lot in Salisbury, at 7:10 am at the Superfresh Parking Lot in Cambridge, at 7:30 am at the Kohls Parking Lot in Easton and at 8:10 am at the Park & Ride by Kmart in Stevensville. Download the schedule to learn more. Reserve a seat.
- Northeast Maryland Shuttle Bus will pick up at 6:45 am at the North East Walmart and at 7:15 am at the Abingdon Walmart. Download the schedule to learn more. Reserve a seat.
- Southern Maryland Shuttle Bus will pick up at 5:30 am at the Charlotte Hall Park n Ride in Charlotte Hall, at 6:20 am at the Clinton Park & Ride in Clinton, at 7:10 am at the Giant Food - Upper Marlboro and at 7:45 am at Rip’s Restaurant in Bowie. Download the schedule to learn more. Reserve a seat.
- Western Maryland Shuttle Bus will pick up at 5:00 am at the Ramada Inn Cumberland, at 6:00 am at the Hagerstown – Park and Ride Sharpsburg Pike, at 6:30 am at the Frederick – Weis and at 7:00 am at the Mt Airy – Park and Ride Rt 27. Download the schedule to learn more. Reserve a seat.
Allow at least 15 minutes to go through security when entering legislative buildings. A photo ID is required to enter the buildings. Food and cameras are prohibited. Cell phones must be turned off.
Wear warm, comfortable clothes and shoes for walking.
Snow/Inclement Weather Plan
This event will be held unless state government offices are closed for snow or inclement weather.
Help ensure that the voice of families is heard by policy-makers in Annapolis this year. Donate now to support MCF's 17th Annual Family Day in Annapolis. Learn more about the impact of Family Day in Annapolis.