18th Annual Family Day in Annapolis
When: February 22, 8:45 am - 1:00 pm,
Where: Governor Calvert House, 58 State Circle, Annapolis, MD 21401
Bringing together legislators, families, youth, policymakers and providers
Join us on Thursday, February 22 for Family Day in Annapolis to advocate for young people with behavioral health needs, including mental health and substance use challenges.Who should attend:
- Parents and caregivers of young people with mental health, substance use and/or other behavioral health needs
- Children and Youth*
- Policy makers
- Anyone who cares about our kids!
- Learn about relevant legislation and committee work in Maryland's House and Senate
- Meet legislators and/or their staff
- Make your voice heard about the need for more services for mental health and substance use treatment for young people
This is a free event.
- 8:45 - 10:30 am: Governor Calvert House
- 10:50 - 11:50 am: Visit legislative offices
- 12:00 pm: Behavioral Health Rally on Lawyer’s Mall
The State Shuttle (trolley) departs every 5-15 minutes from the parking lot at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium off Rowe Blvd.
- Parking in the lot is $5 per day.
- The trolley costs $2 per person one way ($4 round trip). Bring single bills; change is not available.
- If taking the trolley: ask the trolley driver to let you off at the Lawyer's Mall stop.
- Baltimore City Shuttle Bus will pick up at 7:00 am 2701 N. Charles Street and at 7:15 am at the Old Target at Mondawmin Mall.
- Eastern Shore Shuttle Bus will pick up at at 5:50 am at the Shore Birds Stadium Parking Lot in Salisbury, at 6:40 am at the Save-A-Lot Parking Lot in Cambridge, at 7:10 am at the Kohls Parking Lot in Easton and at 7:40 am at the Park & Ride by Kmart in Stevensville. Download the schedule to learn more.
- Northeast Maryland Shuttle Bus will pick up at 6:45 am at the North East Walmart and at 7:30 am at the White Marsh Park and Ride in Nottingham. Download the schedule to learn more.
- Southern Maryland Shuttle Bus will pick up at 6:15 am at the Charlotte Hall Park n Ride in Charlotte Hall and at 7:45 am at Rip’s Restaurant in Bowie. Download the schedule to learn more.
- Western Maryland Shuttle Bus will pick up at 5:00 am at the Ramada Inn Cumberland, at 6:00 am at the Sharpsburg Pike Park and Ride in Hagerstown, at 6:30 am at the Frederick – Weis Market and at 7:00 am at the Mt Airy – Park and Ride Rt 27.
Wear warm, comfortable clothes and shoes for walking.
In the Event of Snow/Inclement Weather:
This event will be held unless state government offices are closed for snow or inclement weather.
Help ensure that the voice of families is heard by policy-makers in Annapolis this year. Donate now to support MCF's 18th Annual Family Day in Annapolis.