If you’ve ever thought:
- You’ve been through it all finding help for your child….
- No other family should go through what we‘ve been through…
- You wanted to get involved and didn’t know how…
The Family Leadership Institute is for you!
The Family Leadership Institute is:
An intensive Training and Leadership Program that:
- Prepares caregivers to be better advocates for their child and all children and youth who have mental health/behavioral challenges
- Prepares parents to be leaders in improving our system of care for children with mental health/behavioral challenges
Who Should Participate?
- Parents, caregivers and/or family members of children who have mental health/behavioral challenges
- Parents who have shown interest in advocating and an extra spark or drive to make a difference
Why Should Parents and Caregivers take a Leadership Class?
- Access to information, training, resources and skill building opportunities
- Become a more effective leader in building a better system of care for children and youth
- Meet and learn from many dedicated leaders and professionals in the children’s mental/behavioral health field
- Make connections and share information, stories and support with parents from all over Maryland
- Learn more about mental/behavioral health services and how to access supports
- Connect with key leaders in child-serving agencies in Maryland
- Make a difference for children with mental health/behavioral needs
- Meet and learn from other parents
- Gain skills needed to be a successful leader