Family Leadership Institute
If you've ever thought:
- You've been through it all finding help for your child...
- No other family should go through what we've been through...
- You wanted to get involved and didn't know how...
The Family Leadership Institute is for you!
The Family Leadership Institute is:
A 60-hour, six-weekend intensive training program for parents and caregivers of a child or adolescent with mental health and/or other behavioral health needs. This is a program that:
Prepares caregivers to be better advocates for their child and all children and youth who have mental health/behavioral challenges.
Prepares parents to be leaders in improving our system of care for children with mental health/behavioral challenges.
Who should participate?
- Parents, caregivers, and/or family members of children who have mental health/behavioral challenges
- Parents who have shown interest in advocating and an extra spark or drive to make a difference
Why should parents and caregivers take a leadership class?
Access to information, training, resources and skill building opportunities
Become a more effective leader in building a better system of care for children and youth
Meet and learn from many dedicated leaders and professionals in the children’s mental/behavioral health field
Make connections and share information, stories and support with parents from all over Maryland
- Learn more about mental/behavioral health services and how to access supports
- Connect with key leaders in child-serving agencies in Maryland
- Make a difference for children with mental health/behavioral needs
- Meet and learn from other parents
- Gain skills needed to be a successful leader
View the 2016 flyer: