At Maryland Coalition of Families, we believe the behavioral health needs of families are best met by a collaborative approach. We work with behavioral health providers, substance use treatment providers, school systems, local agencies and non-profits to connect families to the services and supports that benefit them. Our services are free to families, thanks to generous grant funding.
We help families who:
- Have a family member with an addiction to drugs, alcohol or gambling
- Have a family member with a mental health issue such as bipolar disorder, major depression, anxiety, schizophrenia or post-traumatic stress disorder
- Have a child from birth to age 5 years with suspected developmental delays
- Have a school-age child with a behavioral health issue such as attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, conduct disorders, mood disorders, depression or anxiety
- Have a child involved with the Department of Juvenile Services (include counties)
Our staff who provide direct support have experienced similar issues in their own families, which allows them to establish trust and offer a deep understanding to those we serve.
You can help by sharing information about MCF with the families you serve and referring them to us for family peer support. With your referral, one of our trained family peer support specialists will connect with the family member and offer personalized support that meets the family’s unique needs.
To refer an individual to Maryland Coalition of Families, download and complete the referral form below, or contact our Referral Specialist at [email protected] or 410-730-8267.