The Maryland Health Connection starts a new Special Enrollment Period open to uninsured Marylanders who need health coverage during the State of Emergency for Coronavirus (COVID-19). Visit MarylandHealthConnection.gov or download the free “Enroll MHC” mobile app. Request or select “Coronavirus Emergency Special Enrollment Period.” Free help is available by calling 1-855-642-8572 from 8:00am to 6:00 pm on weekdays.
The open enrollment period ends on Wednesday April 15. Coverage selected during this open enrollment period will have a start date of April 1, 2020, regardless of the date of enrollment.
All health insurance plans and Medicaid are required to waive cost-sharing for Coronavirus, including lab fees, co-payments, co-insurance and deductibles for any visit to test for coronavirus at a doctor’s office, urgent care center, or emergency room.
Existing income qualifications and other requirements are still in effect. In order to apply, you will need:
- Social Security numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants)
- Tax returns for previous years (if applicable)
- Employer and income information (pay stubs, W-2 forms) (if applicable)
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance (if applicable)
- Information about any job-related coverage you or someone in your household is eligible for (if applicable)